Monday 10 October 2011

The Basic List

So on and off today I've been thinking about my checklist today and what I need to pay for and what I can get free/cheap. I've for a 'basic' checklist and split it into 3 categories.
General

Bride

Groom

Just to sort things out in my head for now, later on I'll sort them into what things need sorting first and what can be left until later.

General

Venue
Licence to Wed (As Adam and I like to call it)
Registrar
Bishop
Reception
Seating
Decorations
Invites & People to invite
Cake
Food
RINGS!
Music
Photographer
Engagement Party
Programmes on the day
Who will talk/do scriptures/ which hymns to sing

Bride

Chief Bridesmaids/Maid of Honour
DRESS for moi
Dresses for bridesmaids
Flowers (bride & 'maids)
Veil
Shoes for all
Make-up
Whose giving me away
Speeches on my side of things
Presents for Bridesmaids :)
Thank you cards

Groom

Suits
Best man/Ushers
Speeches on his side
Flowers in the guys suits (which will come from flowers in Bride's bouquet

Is that really it on the guys side? No wonder people say it is all about the girl! I am currently thinking about colour themes and flowers, Adam's first thought for colours were black and white; need I say why... if I think about some things at once then it'll slowly cross stuff off the list. We kinda have a date but it's not definite and it's not set in stone we just need to talk to a couple of people about it. Then it'll be heads on organisation. I don't think Adam believed how much planning a wedding takes until my boss/friend Carolyn said it took 2 years!! To plan hers! haha.



I don't know about all you married women out there, but when you first got engaged did you go through episodes of like shocked amazement? Like 'WOW I can't believe I am getting married!" unless it's just me? But I seriously hope not...

If you're hoping for brides dresses on this blog then look and listen no further. I've decided not to blog about any dresses at all because that way Adam won't be sneak peeking at my ideas for the dress :D

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to LOVE reading this blog! Another thing i thought of which you may want for the general list... Wine and Honeymoon. The two most important things after the dress, haha! Happy planning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not the Wine Grace, I think Shloer will just have to do :)

    Ok, so no dresses here but where will you put them :( lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. hen party - ask Geraldine and stag do with no alcohol. Did i see cars up there?? - Terry??? xxx

    ReplyDelete