Friday 30 March 2012

Posh Picnic

I think it's time I started talking about the food with other people besides my mum.

It's probably been put off for a while because I didn't want to think about the size of the task at hand, but I suppose I'd better get it sorted or else nobody is eating anything at the wedding. Not that I'll notice or anything.


We're having a posh picnic; meaning we're having a picnic but inside and at a dinner table. People who know me know I'm not one for going posh. When you think of a wedding table and food you most probably think of the best crystal glasses, perfectly hired china and the food available... not to mention the fact that you have two glasses to drink from and lots of cutlery. I think usually there are at least two forks, two knives and two spoons. At our wedding there will be one of each for each person. You'll toast with whatever you have filled up in your glass and I'll even be happy if you toast with an empty glass!

This posh picnic won't include the usual table cloths and such but it'll be all the table rolls and organza material I ordered for table runners. But, what it will include is:
Quiche portions

Triangle cut sandwiches

Sausage rolls

Victoria sponge

Jam tarts
 So you're average every day picnic really. I am really hoping the weather will hold out for us, but don't worry my friend and florist, Sarah, have quite a few tricks up our sleeves for bringing the outdoors in!

Well, mum did always used to call me the coal-miner's daughter.

We added up roughly that we will need about 275 sandwiches so... times that by 4 (because thats the sandwiches cut into triangles) and that is oh, only 1100 triangles.... not that many then. We're thinking of seperately savoury and sweet just so it's easier to access when people are going in and out. It is going to be so much fun! All bright and breezy. I just hope that the picture I have in my head comes out okay in reality, I mean I do usually have a good eye for this type of thing but who knows... Sometimes I wonder whether I actually have a brain at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment