Monday 23 April 2012

Stop! Wait a Minute!

Mr Postman!

Waaaiiitt.

Okay, yeah, so I can't sing.

Sorry. Offline life has been incredibly busy these past couple of weeks. It's been nearly a week since I posted. AH!

Things are slowly coming together. I am in my final week of work, I am having mixed emotions to this but still new beginnings are good. I finish on Friday.

I have about a million things going on in my head and sent a very nice (yes it was nice, honest) email to the place in America that I bought my bridesmaid dresses from and asked them if the dresses were on their way, since they are very late now, and they told me the dresses would get to them on the 18th April and the dresses would leave them and arrive here by the 25th, which is only 5 days after they were supposed to get here.


So on the 18th I went to the Bestbridal.com website and checked my order, it still said 'Processing'.
I checked it again on the 19th, and it still said 'Processing'.
So, just be on the safe side, I checked it again on the 20th and it said, 'Processing'.

By this time I am practically turning into melted jelly on the floor waiting and waiting for these dresses to be available or at least change their status to 'Delivery'. So yesterday, even though it was Sunday, I just couldn't bare it any longer and I emailed them and said 'I really hope they are on their way' or something nicer to that effect, and I wasn't expecting to hear anything back over the weekend.

At this point, I got really bored and decided to delete all the unread emails on my hotmail account (I have like 300 odd), I know, it's all procrastination, things will get done I promise. So yeah, I'm scrolling down and deleting emails and I came across an email from UPS.

UPS.

No, not ups. U.P.S. So I clicked it.

My dresses had been sent out on the 18th AND THEY ARE IN THE UK.


Now we just need to hope that they fit.

Things to sort:
Order of Service (need designing & printing)
Order of two days
Favour Bags
Cutting of organza & table roll
NEED MORE BOTTLES
Cake knife and cake stand
Paying people
Go shopping with my florist again to get flowers for the Reception
Making 140 favour bags
Design and write thank you cards for all favour bags
Design and write sweet tokens for the sweets table
Organise transport for Reception-y things from house to chapel
Actually set up the reception and chapel room

Is it just me or...

...is the list getting smaller....??

2 comments:

  1. You might as well just wait until we're setting out the tables to cut the rolls, this means that you don't have to worry about the sizes because you'll just be cutting them when the paper is flat on the tales and also means you don't have to worry about them getting accidently crumpled or folded.

    Also, you might want to get some table to stick the paper under the edge of the tables because (as we found at the shower) the paper will just sit straight unless you fold it under and keep it there with something.

    :) x

    ReplyDelete